What are the general signs of ADHD in children?
There are many overlapping traits, but here are 10 signals that your child’s actions may be worrisome. It’s when your child exhibits several of these behaviors and they are the rule, rather than the exception, that you may want to pursue a professional diagnosis.
- She often forgets or loses routine items, such as her lunch box or backpack.
- Trouble paying attention to details
- He doesn’t appear to be listening and struggles with following directions.
- Overly impulsive
- She often acts before thinking, without considering consequences or previously discussed plans.
- Over-focused on tasks
- She may get “stuck” in a routine or behavior and have trouble disengaging.
- Has trouble shifting focus
- This behavior becomes especially noticeable at school.
- Doesn’t complete tasks
- When assigned a project or chore, she finds it hard to finish and is easily distracted by her “more interesting” surroundings.
- Constantly fidgets and squirms
- When asked to sit in a chair, he may try to get up and run around or fidget and squirm endlessly.
- Talks excessively
- She routinely interrupts others and doesn’t give them a chance to respond.
- Can’t keep powerful emotions (good or bad) in check
- He may over react with outbursts of anger or throw a temper tantrum that seems unwarranted.
- Has difficulty waiting for her turn
- In class, or when playing games, she grows impatient and irritable while waiting.
Use of herbal remedies for ADHD shows beneficial results without the risk of abuse found in pharmacological medications and usually with significantly less side effects. Herbalists may recommend other supplementation and dietary changes in addition to herbs in the treatment of ADHD.
Chinese herbs also show positive effects on ADHD symptoms. A study comparing a Chinese herbal formula versus Ritalin showed the same benefits with fewer side effects.
Search for more information about ADHD Signs in Google